|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RHA) | 40|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Input Supply Voltage Range (4.5 to 18 V)
- 0.8 V, 1% Accuracy Reference
- Continuous Loading: 3 A (Buck 1),
2 A (Buck 2 and 3)
- Maximum Current: 3.5 A (Buck 1),
2.5 A (Buck 2 and 3)
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
300 kHz to 2.2 MHz Set by External Resistor
- Dedicated Enable for Each Buck
- External Synchronization Pin for Oscillator
- External Enable/Sequencing and Soft-Start Pins
- Adjustable Current Limit Set By External Resistor
- Soft-Start Pins
- Current-Mode Control With Simple Compensation Circuit
- Optional Low-Power Mode Operation for Light Loads
- VQFN Package, 40-Pin 6 mm × 6 mm RHA
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments 905-6525100
The TPS65251 features three synchronous wide input range high efficiency buck converters.The converters are designed to simplify its application while giving the designer the option tooptimize their usage according to the target application.
The converters can operate in 5-, 9-, 12- or 15-V systems and have integrated powertransistors. The output voltage can be set externally using a resistor divider to any value between0.8 V and close to the input supply. Each converter features enable pin that allows a delayedstart-up for sequencing purposes, soft-start pin that allows adjustable soft-start time by choosingthe soft-start capacitor, and a current limit (RLIMx) pin that enables designer to adjust currentlimit by selecting an external resistor and optimize the choice of inductor. The current modecontrol allows a simple RC compensation.
The switching frequency of the converters can either be set with an external resistorconnected to ROSC pin or can be synchronized to an external clock connected to SYNC pin if needed.The switching regulators are designed to operate from 300 kHz to 2.2 MHz. 180° out of phaseoperation between Buck 1 and Buck 2, 3 (Buck 2 and 3 run in phase) minimizes the input filterrequirements.
TPS65251 features a supervisor circuit that monitors each converter output. The PGOOD pinis asserted once sequencing is done, all PG signals are reported and a selectable end of reset timelapses. The polarity of the PGOOD signal is active high.
TPS65251 also features a light load pulse skipping mode (PSM) by allowing the LOW_P pintied to V3V. The PSM mode allows for a reduction on the input power supplied to the system when thehost processor is in standby (low-activity) mode.