- Transformer coupled analog input path
- Amplifier path based on the THS4509
- Configurable CMOS or DDR LVDS parallel output modes
- Transformer coupled clock input path
- CDCE72010 Jitter Clock Synchronizer and Jitter Cleaner clocking circuit
- DDR LVDS output and capture ability via TSW1400EVM or TSW1405EVM capture card
- Separate analog and digital supply connections
Texas Instruments ADS5560EVM
The ADS5560EVM is a circuit board that allows designers to evaluate the performance of Texas Instruments‘ ADS5560 device, a low power 16-bit 80 MSPS analog to digital converter with high SNR performance. The ADC features a configurable parallel DDR LVDS or CMOS outputs. The EVM provides a flexible environment to test the ADS5562 under a variety of clock, input and supply conditions.
The ADS5560EVM also includes an open socket Texas Instrument’s new 10 Output Low Jitter Clock Synchronizer and Jitter Cleaner device, the CDCE72010, which can be used to drive the clocking input to the ADS5560. Open sockets are provided for an external VCXO and crystal band pass filter allowing for rapid evaluation of a combined high performance ADC and clocking circuit equivalent to a final system level solution. Alternatively an external clock source can be provided to the EVM and either routed through the CDCE72010 or passed directly to the ADS5562 clock input.
The evaluation module also allows designers to use either a transformer coupled input into the ADC or an amplifier input based on the Texas Instruments‘ THS4509. While the ADC EVM comes with the THS4509, users can easily evaluate any of the footprint compatible ADC driving amplifiers such as the THS4508, THS4511, THS4520.