|Package | PIN:||VSON (DRC) | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 500-kHz Sample Rate
- 16-Bit Resolution
- Zero Latency at Full Speed
- Unipolar, Differential Input, Range: –Vref to Vref
- SPI Compatible Serial Interface with Daisy Chain Option
- Excellent Performance:
- 95.2dB SNR Typ at 10-kHz I/P
- –108dB THD Typ at 10-kHz I/P
- ±1.0 LSB Max INL
- ±0.75 LSB Max DNL
- Low Power Dissipation: 18 mW Typ at 500 KSPS
- Power Scales Linearly with Speed: 3.6 mW/100 KSPS
- Power Dissipation During Power-Down State: 0.25 µW Typ
- 10-Pin MSOP and SON Packages
- Battery Powered Equipments
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Medical Electronics
- Optical Networking
Texas Instruments ADS8318IDRCT
The ADS8318 is a 16-bit, 500-KSPS analog-to-digital converter. It operates with a 2.048-V to 5.5-V external reference. The device includes a capacitor based, SAR A/D converter with inherent sample and hold.
The devices includes a 50-MHz SPI compatible serial interface. The interface is designed to support daisy chaining or cascading of multiple devices. Also a Busy Indicator makes it easy to synchronize with the digital host.
The ADS8318 unipolar differential input range supports a differential input swing of –Vref to +Vref with a common-mode of +Vref/2.
Device operation is optimized for very low power operation, and the power consumption directly scales with speed. This feature makes it attractive for lower speed applications.
It is available in 10-pin MSOP and SON packages.