- Full-featured evaluation board for the high-speed ADS8381 18-bit, single channel, parallel interface, SAR-type ADC
- Onboard signal conditioning
- Onboard precision voltage reference
- Onboard input and output digital buffer
- Onboard decoding for stacking multiple EVMs
Texas Instruments ADS8381EVM
The ADS8381EVM is designed for the prototyping and evaluation of the ADS8381 analog-to-digital converter(ADC), a high-resolution (18 bit), high speed, SAR device. The EVM uses a THS4031 amplifier (selected for its low noise),configured to allow the ADS8381 to operate at full 100KHz datasheet performance. The THS4031 stage has an input voltage offset adjustment designed with a single 10K potentiometer and a precision voltage source. There are four power supplies used for this EVM; +/- Vs analog DC supply (+/-6VDC), a precision +5VDC reference, and a single +5.0-V or +3.3VDC digital supply.