|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DWV) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Pin-Compatible Family Optimized for Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Measurements:
- ±50-mV or ±250-mV Input Voltage Ranges
- Manchester Coded or Uncoded Bitstream Options
- Excellent DC Performance:
- Offset Error: ±50 µV or ±100 µV (max)
- Offset Drift: 1 µV/°C (max)
- Gain Error: ±0.2% (max)
- Gain Drift: ±40 ppm/°C (max)
- Transient Immunity: 100 kV/µs (typ)
- System-Level Diagnostic Features
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7000-VPEAK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-11(VDE V 0884-11): 2017-01
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL1577
- CAN/CSA No. 5A-Component Acceptance Service Notice, IEC 60950-1, and IEC 60065End Equipment Standards
- Fully Specified Over the Extended Industrial Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments AMC1306E05DWV
The AMC1306 is a precision, delta-sigma (ΔΣ) modulator with the output separated from theinput circuitry by a capacitive double isolation barrier that is highly resistant to magneticinterference. This barrier is certified to provide reinforced isolation of up to 7000VPEAK according to the DIN V VDE V 0884-11 and UL1577 standards. Used inconjunction with isolated power supplies, this isolated modulator separates parts of the systemthat operate on different common-mode voltage levels and protects lower-voltage parts fromdamage.
The input of the AMC1306 is optimized for direct connection to shunt resistors or otherlow voltage-level signal sources. The unique low input voltage range of the ±50-mV device allowssignificant reduction of the power dissipation through the shunt and supports excellent ac and dcperformance. The output bitstream of the AMC1306 is Manchester coded (AMC1306Ex) or uncoded(AMC1306Mx), depending on the derivate. By using an integrated digital filter (such as those in theTMS320F2807x orTMS320F2837x microcontroller families)to decimate the bitstream, the device can achieve 16 bits of resolution with a dynamic range of 85dB at a data rate of 78 kSPS.
The bitstream output of the Manchester coded AMC1306Ex versions support single-wire dataand clock transfer without having to consider the setup and hold time requirements of the receivingdevice.