- Designed using the ADS7042 precision analog-to-digital converter, OPA316 precision ADC driver, and REF3330 precision voltage reference
- Nanowatt power consumption of the ADS7042 ADC when sampling at 1 KSPS
- ADC sampling rates betwen 1 KSPS and 1 MSPS
- SMA jack for optional external analog signal input
- User-programmable push button and LEDs
- On-board ambient light sensor
Texas Instruments BOOST-ADS7042
The ADS7042 Ultra-Low Power Data Acquisition BoosterPack is a stand-alone system that converts analog sensor data into digital SPI data using the TI ADS7042 Successive Approximation Register Analog-to-Digital Converter. This BoosterPack has been designed to be compatible with the TI LaunchPad™ ecosystem to enable a complete data acquisition system from analog sensor input via either the on-board ambient light sensor or the SMA input jack to digital data output over UART via the USB port on the LaunchPad. Software-supported LaunchPads are listed in the Order Now section below. For more information about the complete precision SAR ADC portfolio, visit: www.ti.com/precisionadc.
For a higher performance evaluation kit based on the ADS7042 ADC, check out the ADS7042 Performance Demonstration Kit.