Motor Drive BoosterPack featuring DRV8301 and NexFET™ MOSFETs
Features for the BOOSTXL-DRV8301
- 6 to 24V supply input
- Supports up to 14A peak, 10A continuous current output
- Supports voltage and current feedback for InstaSPIN-FOC sensorless control solution
- Complete brushless DC drive stage in ultra small form factor (2.2” x 2.3”)
- 3x low side current sense amps, 6x Power FETs (< 6.5mΩ) & 1.5A step down buck converter
- Drive stage is fully protected including short circuit, thermal, shoot-through, and under voltage protection.
Description for the BOOSTXL-DRV8301
The BOOSTXL-DRV8301 is 10A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8301 pre-driver and CSD18533Q5A NexFET™ power MOSFET. The module has 3x low side current sense amps (2 internal to DRV8301, 1 external). The module also has a 1.5A step down buck converter, is fully protected with short circuit, thermal, and shoot-through protection, and is easily configured via a SPI interface. This boosterpack is ideal for those wishing to learn about sensorless brushless control techniques and drive stage design. This kit was designed to work with any LaunchPad XL, with primary software support through the https://www.ti.com/tool/LAUNCHXL-F28027F using MotorWare to support the InstaSPIN™-FOC sensorless control solution.
MathWorks MATLAB & Simulink example models include the following: