DRV8305N 3-Phase Motor Drive BoosterPack Evaluation Module
Features for the BOOSTXL-DRV8305EVM
- 4.4V to 45V voltage supply input
- Supports up to 20A peak, 15A continuous current ouput
- Provides phase voltage and current feedback for sensorless BLDC control solutions
- Complete brushless DC drive stage in ultra compact form factor (2.0 x 2.2)
- Full protected drive stage including short circuit, thermal, shoot-through, and under-voltage protection
- See the Get started sections of supported LaunchPads or follow the EVM User’s Guide below
Description for the BOOSTXL-DRV8305EVM
The BOOSTXL-DRV8305EVM is a 15A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8305 motor gate driver and CSD18540Q5B NexFET™ power MOSFET. The module has individual DC bus and phase voltage sense as well as individual low-side current shunt sense for sensorless BLDC algorithms. The module supplies MCU 3.3V power with the LMR16006 0.6A step down buck regulator. The drive stage is fully protected with short circuit, thermal, shoot-through, and under voltage protection and easily configurable via a SPI interface.
The module is ideal for evaluating and rapidly developing with the DRV8305. It is designed to work with compatible XL LaunchPads. The BoosterPack can be combined with LAUNCHXL-F28207F for InstaSPIN-FOC or up to two BoosterPacks can be combined with LAUNCHXL-F28069M for InstaSPIN-FOC or InstaSPIN-MOTION. InstaSPIN solutions are supported through MotorWare.
MathWorks MATLAB & Simulink example models include the following: