|Package | Pins||VQFN (RVA) | 16|
|Operating temperature range (℃)||I (-40 to 85)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
Custom reel may be available
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) capability by input Voltage regulation
- Programmable MPPT setting
- 5-V to 28-V Input solar panel
- 600-kHz NMOS-NMOS Synchronous buck controller
- Resistor programmable float voltage
- Accommodates Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, lead acid chemistries
- ±0.5% Charge voltageregulation
- ±3% Charge current regulation
- ±0.6% Inputvoltage regulation
- High Integration
- Internal loop compensation
- Internal digitalsoft start
- Inputovervoltage protection
- Battery temperature-sensing
- Batteryabsent detection
- Charge status outputs for LED or host processor
- Charge enable on MPPSET pin
- Automatic sleep mode for low power consumption
- < 15-µA OFF-state battery dischargecurrent
- Small 3.5 × 3.5 mm2 16-pin QFN package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The BQ24650 device is a highly integrated switch-mode battery charge controller. Itprovides input voltage regulation, which reduces charge current when input voltage falls below aprogrammed level. When the input is powered by a solar panel, the input regulation loop lowers thecharge current so that the solar panel can provide maximum power output.
The BQ24650 offers a constant-frequency synchronous PWM controller with high accuracycurrent and voltage regulation, charge preconditioning, charge termination, and charge statusmonitoring.
The BQ24650 charges the battery in three phases: pre-conditioning, constant current, andconstant voltage. Charge is terminated when the current reaches 1/10 of the fast charge rate. Thepre-charge timer is fixed at 30 minutes. The BQ24650 automatically restarts the charge cycle if thebattery voltage falls below an internal threshold and enters a low quiescent current sleep modewhen the input voltage falls below the battery voltage.
The BQ24650 supports a battery from 2.1 V to 26 V with VFB set to a 2.1-V feedbackreference. The charge current is programmed by selecting an appropriate sense resistor. The BQ24650is available in a 16 -pin, 3.5 mm × 3.5 mm2 thin QFN package.
|Package qty | Carrier||
250 | SMALL T&R
|Qty | Price (USD)||1ku | $2.02|