- Evaluation module for bq25050/bq25060 (HPA577 E2)
- 30-V input rating, with 10.5-V overvoltage protection (OVP)
- FET controller for external battery FET for external power path control (BGATE)
- Programmable charge current
- Input voltage dynamic power management
- 50-mA integrated low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator
- Battery NTC monitoring during charge and discharge
- Thermal regulation and protection.
- Status indication – Charging/Done and Temperature Faults
- Jumpers available. Easy-to-change connections.
Texas Instruments BQ25060EVM
The bq25060EVM assists users in evaluating the bq25060 linear battery chargers. The User's Guide manual includes the bq25050EVM bill of materials, board layout, and schematic. The bq25050/60 is a highly integrated Li-Ion linear battery charger targeted at space-limited portable applications. It operates from either a USB port or ac adapter and charges a single-cell Li-ion battery with up to 1 A of charge current. The 30-V input voltage range with input overvoltage protections supports low-cost unregulated adapters. The bq25050/60 has a single power output that charges the battery. The system load is connected to OUT. The low-battery system startup circuitry maintains OUT greater than 3.4 V whenever an input source is connected. This allows the system to start up and run whenever an input source is connected regardless of the battery voltage. The charge current is programmable up to 1 A using the ISET input. Additionally, a 4.9-V, 50-mA LDO is integrated into the integrated circuit (IC) for supplying low power external circuitry.