|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RSN) | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
250 | SMALL T&R
- Charge 1- to 4-Cell Battery From Wide Range of Input Sources
- 3.5-V to 24-V Input Operating Voltage
- Supports USB2.0,USB 3.0, USB 3.1 (Type C), and USB_PD Input Current Settings
- SeamlessTransition Between Buck and Boost Operation
- Input Current and VoltageRegulation (IDPM and VDPM) Against Source Overload
- Power/Current Monitor for CPU Throttling
- Comprehensive PROCHOT Profile, IMVP8Compliant
- Input and Battery Current Monitor
- System Power Monitor,IMVP8 Compliant
- Narrow-VDC (NVDC) Power Path Management
- Instant-On With No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Battery Supplements System When Adapter is Fully-Loaded
- Power Up USB Port From Battery (USB OTG)
- Output 4.48-V to 20.8-V Compatible With USB PD
- Output Current Limit up to 6.35A
- 800-kHz or 1.2-MHz Programmable Switching Frequency for 1-µH to 3.3-µH Inductor
- Host Control Interface for Flexible System Configuration
- SMBus (bq25700A) Port for OptimalSystem Performance and Status Reporting
- Hardware Pin to Set Input CurrentLimit Without EC Control
- Integrated ADC to Monitor Voltage, Current and Power
- High Accuracy Regulation and Monitor
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±2% Input/Charge CurrentRegulation
- ±2% Input/Charge Current Monitor
- ±5% PowerMonitor
- Thermal Shutdown
- Input, System, Battery OvervoltageProtection
- MOSFET Inductor Overcurrent Protection
- Low Battery Quiescent Current
- Input Current Optimizer (ICO) to Extract Max Input Power
- Charge Any Battery Chemistry: Li+, LiFePO4, NiCd, NiMH, Lead Acid
- Package: 32-Pin 4 × 4 WQFN
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ25700ARSNT
The bq25700A is a synchronous NVDC battery buck-boost charge controller,offering low component count, high efficiency solution for space-constraint, multi-chemistrybattery charging applications.
The NVDC-1 configuration allows the system to be regulated at battery voltage, but notdrop below system minimum voltage. The system keeps operating even when the battery is completelydischarged or removed. When load power exceeds input source rating, the battery goes intosupplement mode and prevents the system from crashing.
The bq25700A charges battery from a wide range of input sources including USBadapter, high voltage USB PD sources and traditional adapters.
During power up, the charger sets converter to buck, boost or buck-boost configurationbased on input source and battery conditions. The charger automatically transits among buck, boostand buck-boost configuration without host control.
In the absence of an input source, the bq25700A supports On-the-Go (OTG) function from 1- to 4-cell battery togenerate 4.48 V to 20.8 V on VBUS. During OTG mode, the charger regulates output voltage and outputcurrent.
The bq25700A monitors adapter current,battery current and system power. The flexibly programmed PROCHOT outputgoes directly to CPU for throttle back when needed.