|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RSM) | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fully Integrated 2-Series to 7-Series Li-Ion or Li-Polymer Cell Battery Pack Manager and Protection
- Next-Generation Patented Impedance Track™ Technology Accurately Measures Available Charge in Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries
- Configurable Multifunction Pins to Support a Variety of Applications
- Supports Either Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) or SHA-1 Authentication
- High-Side N-CH Protection FET Drive
- Integrated Cell Balancing While Charging or at Rest
- Supports 29-Ah Batteries Natively, and Larger Capacities with Scaling
- Full Array of Programmable Protection Features
- Sophisticated Charge Algorithms
- Adaptive Charging
- Supports TURBO Mode 2.0/Intel® Dynamic Battery Power Technology (DBPTv2)
- Diagnostic Lifetime Data Monitor and Black Box Recorder
- LED Display
- Supports Two-Wire SMBus v1.1 Interface
- IATA Support
- Compact Package: 32-Lead QFN (RSM)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ40Z80RSMT
The bq40z80 device, incorporating patented ImpedanceTrack™ technology, is a fully integrated, single-chip, pack-based solution that providesa rich array of features for gas gauging, protection, and authentication for 2-series up to7-series cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer battery packs.
Using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals, the bq40z80 device measures and maintainsan accurate record of available capacity, voltage, current, temperature, and other criticalparameters in Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries, and reports this information to the system hostcontroller over an SMBus v1.1 compatible interface.
Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) or SHA-1 authentication with secure memory forauthentication keys enables identification of genuine battery packs.
The bq40z80 devicesupports TURBO Mode 2.0/Intel Dynamic Battery Power Technology (DBPTv2) by providing the availablemax power and max current to the host system. The device has eightmultifunction pins that can be configured as thermal inputs, ADC inputs, general purposeinput/output (GPIO) pins, a presence pin, LED functions, display button input, or other functions.Status and flag registers are mappable to the GPIOs and used as interrupts to the hostprocessor.
The bq40z80 deviceprovides software-based 1st- and 2nd-level safety protection against overvoltage, undervoltage,overcurrent, short-circuit current, overload, and overtemperature conditions, as well as otherpack- and cell-related faults. The compact 32-lead QFN package minimizes solution cost and size forsmart batteries, while providing maximum functionality and safety for battery gaugingapplications.