|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RHA) | 40|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Digital Controller Compatible With Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) v1.2 A11 Specification
- Improved Demodulation Algorithms Provide Robust Communication in Noisy Environments
- Designed to be Used With bq50002A Analog Front End
- Note: The bq500511A is Incompatible With the bq50002 Device if Foreign Object Detection is Required
- Suitable for WPC and Proprietary 5-V Wireless Power Transmitters
- Supports Received Power Up to 5 W
- Two Chip Solution Enables High Efficiency Transmitter Designs of >75%
- Ultra Low Standby Power, Even During Digital Ping (<30 mW)
- Dynamic Power Limiting (DPL)™ Enables Operation From Inputs Sources With Limited Power
- System LED Indication of Charging State and Fault Status
- Accurate Foreign Object Detection Method (FOD) Prevents Heating of Objects Between Transmitter and Receiver Coils
Texas Instruments BQ500511ARHAT
The bq500511A is a wireless power transmitter controller that, when combined with the bq50002A analog front end (AFE) device, integrates all functions required to create a Qi-compliant or proprietary 5-V transmitter. The bq500511A and bq50002A together provide a compact wireless charger solution. The bq500511A pings the surrounding environment for the receiver devices to be powered, safely engages the device, receives packet communication from the powered device and manages the power transfer according to Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) v1.2 specification.
To maximize flexibility in wireless power control applications, Dynamic Power Limiting™ (DPL) is featured on the bq500511A. DPL enhances user experience by seamlessly optimizing the usage of power available from limited input supplies.
The system supports Foreign Object Detection (FOD) by continuously monitoring the efficiency of the established power transfer, protecting from power lost due to metal objects misplaced in the wireless power transfer field. Should any abnormal condition develop during power transfer, the bq500511A handles the condition and provides indication outputs. Comprehensive status and fault monitoring features enable a low cost yet robust Qi-certified wireless power system design.
The bq500511A is available in a thermally enhanced 6 mm × 6 mm, 40-pin VQFN package.