|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RGC) | 64|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Qi-Certified Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) v1.2 Solution for 15-W Operation
- Faster Charging Time
- Backward Compatible With Existing 5-W WPC Receivers
- 12-V to 19-V Input, Fixed Frequency, Rail Voltage Control Architecture
- 15 V to 19 V can achieve 15 W
- 9 V and 12 V capable for HVDCP
- Dynamic Power Limiting (DPL) Allows Operation From Weak Supplies
- Conforms to WPC MP-A5 Transmitter Type Specification
- Enhanced Foreign Objection Detection (FOD) Implementation With FOD Ping that Detects Metal Objects Prior to Power Transfer
- Low Standby Power During Idle and Charge Complete
- Bi-directional Communication
- Digital Demodulation Reduces Components and Simplifies Circuitry
- Support Fast Charge Operation with Compatible Receivers
- 10 Configurable LED Modes Indicate Charging State and Fault Status
Texas Instruments BQ501210RGCT
The bq501210 is a Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) v1.2 compliant wireless power digital controller that integrates the logic functions required to wirelessly transfer power to a WPC-compliant receiver with the capability of delivering up to 15 W. The bq501210 is an intelligent device that periodically pings the surrounding environment for available devices to be powered, detects if a foreign metal object is present on the charging pad, monitors all communication from the device being wirelessly powered, and adjusts power applied to the transmitter coil per feedback received from the powered device. The bq501210 also manages the fault conditions associated with the power transfer and controls the operating mode status indicator. The bq501210 uses a rail voltage control scheme instead of the traditional frequency control to adjust the amount of power delivered to the receiver.
Through negotiation with a High Voltage Dedicated Charging Port (HVDCP) adapter, the bq501210 provides power between the WPC low power capability of 5 W, and the medium power specifications of 15 W.
Fast Charge support provides more power for compatible receiver devices.
See www.ti.com/wirelesspower for more information on TIs Wireless Charging Solutions