The CC1111 USB Evaluation Kit includes:
- One CC1111 USB dongle with chip antenna for 868 and 915 MHz operation
Texas Instruments CC1111EMK868-915
The CC1111 USB dongle makes it easy to have a direct connection between a PC and a sub-1 GHz network based on compatible radios, like the CC1101, CC1120, CC1110, and CC430. The dongle is a complete reference design demonstrating how to use the USB and RF interfaces on the CC1111 system-on-chip.
The dongle operates in the 868 MHz and 915 MHz frequency bands.
- Use the USB firmware and examples (swrc088) as a basis to develop and test USB device software for the CC1111. If you have the complete CC1110-CC1110DK, you can run several examples:
- Wireless serial port application (CDC)
- Wireless mouse and keyboard (HID)
- Any other USB class can also be implemented based on the generic USB firmware library. Refer to the USB firmware user guide for more information.
- Use the dongle as a packet capture device for the SmartRF Packet Sniffer. Configured correctly, the dongle can capture packets over-the-air and the sniffer application can parse and display the contents.
Note that a SmartRF04EB (included in the CC1110-CC1111DK) or a CC-Debugger (sold separately) is needed to program the CC1111 device.
Also note that the CC1111 USB Dongle has passed USB compliance tests. The USB TID is 10005584.