A complete development kit containing:
- 2 SmartRF®04 evaluation boards
- 2 CC2500EM evaluation modules
- 1 CC2550EM evaluation module
Technical documentation and the SmartRF®Studio software can be downloaded from the web. The SmartRF®04 evaluation boards connect to a PC via USB, and can also operate stand-alone.
Texas Instruments CC2500-CC2550DK
The development kit is designed to help the user to achieve his/hers objectives as quickly as possible.
- Evaluate the SmartRF®04 products. Right out of the box, the user can do range testing (PER testing) and transfer data from one PC to another using the SmartRF®04DK. This enables the user to quickly find out how well the SmartRF®04 products fit the intended application. A number of demonstration applications serve to highlight the innovative features of the SmartRF®04 ICs.
- Perform RF measurements. Using SmartRF® Studio, the user can configure the radio ICs with parameters that suit the intended application and easily measure sensitivity output power and other RF parameters.
- Develop a prototype. The SmartRF®04DK includes a a Silicon Labs 8051-core MCU with 16 kB of program memory and 1 kB of data memory. By programming this MCU and utilizing the various peripherals included on the Evaluation Board, the user can easily make a prototype of the intended application. All signals are brought out on 0.1 pin-row connectors so easy connection of other required circuity is possible. These connectors are also compatible with Agilent logic analyser probes for easy debugging. It is also possible to disconnect the Silicon Labs MCU from the EM board, and connect a MCU selected by the user to the I/O connectors.