The CC2640R2F device is a 2.4 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) supporting Bluetooth ® 5.1 Low Energy and Proprietary 2.4 GHz applications. The device is optimized for low-power wireless communication and advanced sensing in building security systems, HVAC, asset tracking, and medical markets, and applications where industrial performance is required. The highlighted features of this device include:
- Support for Bluetooth ® 5.1 features: LE Coded PHYs (Long Range), LE 2-Mbit PHY (High Speed), Advertising Extensions, Multiple Advertisement Sets, as well as backwards compatibility and support for key features from the Bluetooth ® 5.0 and earlier Low Energy specifications.
- Fully-qualified Bluetooth ® 5.1 software protocol stack included with the SimpleLink™ CC2640R2F Software Development Kit (SDK) for developing applications on the powerful Arm® Cortex®-M3 processor.
- Longer battery life wireless applications with low standby current of 1.1 µA with full RAM retention.
- Advanced sensing with a programmable, autonomous ultra-low power Sensor Controller CPU with fast wake-up capability. As an example, the sensor controller is capable of 1-Hz ADC sampling at 1 µA system current.
- Dedicated software controlled radio controller (Arm® Cortex®-M0) providing flexible low-power RF transceiver capability to support multiple physical layers and RF standards, such as real-time localization (RTLS) technologies.
- Excellent radio sensitivity and robustness (selectivity and blocking) performance for Bluetooth ® Low Energy (-103 dBm for 125-kbps LE Coded PHY).
The CC2640R2F device is part of the SimpleLink™ microcontroller (MCU) platform, which consists ofWi-Fi, Bluetooth ® Low Energy, Thread, ZigBee, Sub-1 GHz MCUs, and host MCUs that all share a common, easy-to-use development environment with a single core software development kit (SDK) and rich tool set. A one-time integration of the SimpleLink™ platform enables you to add any combination of the portfolio’s devices into your design, allowing 100 percent code reuse when your design requirements change. For more information, visit SimpleLink™ MCU platform.