Features of the reference design:
- Analog audio input and output (2x 3.5mm mini-jack)
- 2 LEDs for battery charging status and audio network status
- 3 control buttons for power, volume, pairing Li-ion battery charging via USB
- Fully programmable with PurePath Wireless Configurator PC tool
Audio network topology:
Audio network topologies supported include up to 4 headphones listening to the same base station (“audio star network”). The headset boards can be used as either audio network masters or slaves depending on how they are programmed.
Development kit content:
- 2 x CC85XX Headset boards
- 2 x Battery (3.7V, 465mAh Li-ion)
- 1 x CC Debugger
- 1 x USB micro cable
- 1 x 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable
The development kit comes pre-programmed with firmware as described in the quick start user’s guide. This firmware is available as an example project in PurePath Wireless Configurator tool (PPWC) PC software. The functionality of the kit can be changed by using PPWC.
The following TI parts are used in the design:
Texas Instruments CC85XXDK-HEADSET
The CC85XX Headset board reference design contains production material i.e., schematics, layout files, gerbers and BOM for the boards used in the CC85XXDK-HEADSET Development Kit. The design files are supplied as Gerbers, PDF-files and in Cadstar format. The reference design demonstrates good design techniques for RF and Audio layout and decoupling. For optimum RF and audio performance, the design should be copied as accurately as possible.
Applications supported with the design:
- Wireless audioo cable replacement
- Wireless headphones
- Wireless headset
- Wireles audio transmitter / base station