|Package | PIN:||SOIC (D) | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Three-state output
- Many logic functions available in one package
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V (full package-temperature range), 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Noise margin (full package-temperature range ) - 1 V at VDD = 5 V, 2 V at VDD = 10 V, 2.5 V at VDD = 15 V
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, "Standard Specifications for Description of 'B' Series CMOS Devices"
- Selection of up to 8 logic functions
- Digital control of logic
- General-purpose gating logic
Texas Instruments CD4048BM96
CD4048B is an 8-input gate having four control inputs. Three binary control inputs - Ka, Kb, and Kc - provide the implementation of eight different logic functions. These functions are OR, NOR, AND, NAND, OR/AND, OR/NAND, AND/OR and AND/NOR.
A fourth control input, Kd, provides the user with a 3-state output. When control input Kd is high, the output is either a logic 1 or a logic 0 depending on the inner states. When control input Kd is low, the output is an open circuit. This feature enables the user to connect this device to a common bus line.
In addition to the eight input lines, an EXPAND input is provided that permits the user to increase the number of inputs into a CD4048B (see Fig. 2). For example, two CD4048Bs can be cascaded to provide a 16-input multifunction gate. When the EXPAND input is not used, it should be connected to VSS.
The CD4048B-series types are supplied in 16-lead hermetic dual-in-line ceramic packages (F3A suffix), 16-lead dual-in-line plastic packages (E suffix), 16-lead small-outline packages (M, M96, MT and NSR suffixes), and 16-lead thin shrink small-outline packages (PW and PWR suffixes).