- Comprehensive test capability for the DAC3283 for IF and RF outputs
- Direct connection to TSW1400EVM signal generator
- Includes CDCE62005 for clock generation or jitter cleaning
- Includes TRF3704 for complete transmitter evaluation
- Software support with a full featured GUI for easy testing
- FMC-DAC-Adapter card to connect to a standard FMC interconnect header, a typical input on the latest Xilinx FPGA EVMs
Texas Instruments DAC3283EVM
The DAC3283EVM is a circuit board that allows designers to evaluate the performance of Texas Instruments' dual-channel 16-bit 800 MSPS DAC3283 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with 8-byte wide DDR LVDS data input, integrated 2x/4x interpolation filters and exceptional linearity at high IFs. The EVM provides a flexible environment to test the DAC3283 under a variety of clock, and input conditions. For ease of use as a complete RF transmit solution the DAC3283EVM includes the CDCE62005 clock generator/jitter cleaner for clocking the DAC3283 as well as a TRF3704, a 50MHz to 6GHz quadrature modulator, for upconverting I/Q outputs from the DAC to real signals at RF.
The EVM can be used along with TSW1400EVM to perform a wide range of test procedures. The TSW1400EVM generates the test patterns which are fed to the DAC3283 through a 1.25 GSPS LVDS port. The DAC3283EVM clock chip can be used to synchronize the TSW1400EVM board to DAC3283EVM.