- Allows evaluation of DAC38RF80/84/90 up to 9-GSPS sampling rate
- Supports up to 12.5-Gbps SerDes signaling rate across FMC
- Two on-chip PLLs with superior phase noise to simplify system clock generation; also supports external clock mode
- AC-coupled output with 2:1 impedance transformer for balanced-to-unbalanced conversion
- Easy-to-use software interface and data pattern generation tools
Texas Instruments DAC38RF80EVM
The DAC38RF80EVM is the circuit board for evaluating DAC38RF80/84/90 digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The EVM can be used to evaluate the performance of the DAC up to 9-GSPS sampling rate. It is designed to work with the FPGA-based pattern generator card TSW14J56EVM (Rev B and up). The available FMC connector on the EVM also makes it possible to interface the DAC to FPGA development boards from third-party vendors. Also available is an easy to use software interface to control the DAC and onboard LMK04828 clock chip via SPI.