- Allows evaluation of DAC38RF87/97 up to 9-GSPS sampling rate
- Supports up to 12.5-Gbps SerDes signaling rate across FMC
- Two on-chip PLLs with superior phase noise to simplify system clock generation; also supports external clock mode
- AC-coupled output with integrated impedance transformer (DAC38RF87) for balanced-to-unbalanced conversion
- Easy-to-use software interface and data pattern generation tools
The DAC38RF87 evaluation module (EVM) is the circuit board for evaluating the DAC38RF87 digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The EVM can be used to evaluate the performance of the DAC up to 9-GSPS sampling rate and is designed to work with the TSW14J56EVM (Rev B and up). The available FMC connector also makes it possible to interface the DAC to an FPGA development board from third-party vendors. Also available is an easy-to-use software interface to control the DAC and onboard LMK04828 clock chip via SPI.