- Relative Accuracy: 4LSB
- Glitch Energy: 0.15nV-s
- Internal Reference:
- 2.5V Reference Voltage (enabled by default)
- 0.004% Initial Accuracy (typ)
- 2ppm/°C Temperature Drift (typ)
- 5ppm/°C Temperature Drift (max)
- 20mA Sink/Source Capability
- Power-On Reset to Zero-Scale or Midscale
- Asynchronous Clear to Zero-Scale or Midscale
- Ultra-Low Power Operation: 1mA at 5V
- Wide Power Supply Range: +2.7V to +5.5V
- 16-Bit Monotonic Over Temperature Range
- Settling Time: 10µs to ±0.003% Full-Scale Range (FSR)
- Low-Power Serial Interface with Schmitt-Triggered Inputs: Up to 50MHz
- On-Chip Output Buffer Amplifier with Rail-to-Rail Operation
- 1.8V to 5.5V Logic Compatibility
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +105°C
- Portable Instrumentation
- Closed-Loop Servo-Control
- Process Control, PLCs
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Programmable Attenuation
- PC Peripherals
SPI, QSPI are trademarks of Motorola, Inc.
Microwire is a trademark of National Semiconductor.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The DAC8565 is a low-power, voltage-output, four-channel, 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The device includes a 2.5V, 2ppm/°C internal reference (enabled by default), giving a full-scale output voltage range of 2.5V. The internal reference has an initial accuracy of 0.004% and can source up to 20mA at the VREFH/VREFOUT pin. The device is monotonic, provides very good linearity, and minimizes undesired code-to-code transient voltages (glitch). The DAC8565 use a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50MHz. It is compatible with standard SPI™, QSPI™, Microwire™, and digital signal processor (DSP) interfaces.
The DAC8565 incorporates a power-on-reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up at either zero-scale or midscale until a valid code is written to the device. The device contains a power-down feature, accessed over the serial interface, that reduces the current consumption of the device to 1.3µA at 5V. The low power consumption, internal reference, and small footprint make this device ideal for portable, battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 2.9mW at 3V, reducing to 1.5µW in power-down mode.
The DAC8565 is drop-in and functionally compatible with the DAC7564 and DAC8164, and functionally compatible with the DAC7565, DAC8165, and DAC8564. All these devices are available in a TSSOP-16 package.