Major features of the PCM2912A include:
- Analog Front End: – Microphone amplifier (+20 dB gain) – Mono input
- Analog Back End: – Stereo/Mono headphone amplifier or line output with volume
- Analog Performance: – Dynamic range: 90 dB (DAC) – Dynamic range: 90 dB (ADC) – 25-mW headphone output at RL = 16 W
- Power-Supply Voltage – Single power supply of 5.0 V (VBUS)
- Low Power Dissipation: – 425 mW at analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) operation, 44.1 kHz – 0.8 mW in Suspend mode
- Sampling Frequency: 8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz for ADC and DAC
- Programmable Function: – –76-dB to 0-dB gain for analog outputs – –12-dB to +30-dB gain for analog inputs – –76-dB to 0-dB gain for sidetone – 0-dB/20-dB gain for microphone amplifier – High-pass filter: 0.078 ´fS cutoff frequency
- Package: 32-pin TQFP
- Operating Temperature Range: –25°C to +85°C 10
Texas Instruments DEM-PCM2912AEVM
The DEM-PCM2912A EVM is a complete evaluation platform for the 16-bit, mono microphone input and stereo headphone output PCM2912A bus-powered audio codec with a USB interface. All necessary connectors and circuitry are provided for interfacing to audio test systems and commercial audio equipment.
A USB connector is mounted on the DEM-PCM2912A EVM. Stereo audio output and mono audio input are available on two stereo mini-jacks. The PCM2912A is an audio codec with a USB interface for a USB headset, USB headphones, and a USB audio interface box that integrates mono input, stereo headphone output, an analog loopback line, a programmable gain amplifier (PGA), and microphone bias. It is available in a 32-pin TQFP package.
The DEM-PCM2912A EVM also carries the Microsoft Windows® Logo License certification from the Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). The DEM-PCM2912A has successfully passed the Microsoft WLP test (DTM Audio) for Windows Vista® x86/x64 platforms.