|Package | PIN:||VSSOP (DGS) | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Flexible Haptic and Vibration Driver
- LRA (Linear Resonance Actuator)
- ERM (Eccentric Rotating Mass)
- I2C-Controlled Digital Playback Engine
- Waveform Sequencer andTrigger
- Real-Time Playback Mode through I2C
- I2CDual-Mode Drive (Open and Closed Loop)
- Smart-Loop Architecture (Patent Pending Control Algorithm)
- Automatic Overdrive and Braking
- Automatic Resonance Tracking and Reporting (LRA Only)
- Automatic Actuator Diagnostic
- Automatic Level Calibration
- Wide Support for Actuator Models
- Licensed Immersion TouchSense® 2200 Features:
- Integrated Immersion Effect Library
- Drive Compensation Over Battery Discharge
- Wide Voltage Operation (2 V to 5.2 V)
- Efficient Differential Switching Output Drive
- PWM Input with 0% to 100% Duty-Cycle Control Range
- Hardware Trigger Input
- Fast Startup Time
- 1.8-V Compatible, VDD-Tolerant Digital Interface
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV2605LDGST
The DRV2605L device is a low-voltagehaptic driver thatincludes a haptic-effect library and provides a closed-loopactuator-control system for high-quality tactile feedback for ERM and LRA. This schema helpsimprove actuator performance in terms of acceleration consistency, start time, and brake time andis accessible through a shared I2C compatible bus or PWM input signal.
The DRV2605L device offers a licensedversion of TouchSense 2200 software from Immersion which eliminates the requirement to designhaptic waveforms because the software includes over 100 licensed effects (6 ERM libraries and 1 LRAlibrary) and audio-to-vibe features.
Additionally, the real-time playback modeallows the host processor to bypass the library playback engine and play waveforms directly from the hostthrough I2C.
The smart-loop architecture inside the DRV2605L device allows simpleauto-resonant drive for the LRA as well as feedback-optimized ERM drive allowing for automaticoverdrive and braking. The smart-loop architecture creates a simplified input waveform interface aswell as reliable motor control and consistent motor performance.The DRV2605L device also featuresautomatic transition to an open-loop system in the event that an LRA actuator is not generating avalid back-EMF voltage. When the LRA generates a valid back-EMF voltage, theDRV2605L device automatically synchronizes with the LRA. TheDRV2605L also allows for open-loop driving through the use ofinternally-generated PWM. Additionally, the audio-to-vibe modeautomatically converts an audio input signal to meaningful tactile effects.
For an important notice regarding Immersion software, see theLegal Notice section.