|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (DCA) | 56|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 6-V to 60-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- 1.7-A Source and 2.3-A Sink Gate Drive Current
- Slew Rate Control for EMI Reduction
- Bootstrap Gate Driver With 100% Duty Cycle
- 6- or 3-PWM Input Modes
- Dual Integrated Current Shunt Amplifiers With
Adjustable Gain and Offset
- Integrated 1.5-A Buck Converter
- 3.3-V and 5-V Interface Support
- Protection Features:
- Programmable Dead Time Control (DTC)
- Programmable Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- PVDD and GVDD Undervoltage Lockout
- GVDD Overvoltage Lockout (OVLO)
- Overtemperature Warning/Shutdown
- Reported Through nFAULT, nOCTW, and SPI
Texas Instruments DRV8301DCAR
The DRV8301 is a gate driver IC for three-phase motor drive applications. The device provides three half-bridge drivers, each capable of driving two Nchannel MOSFETs. The DRV8301 supports up to 1.7-A source and 2.3-A peak current capability. The DRV8301 can operate off of a single power supply with a wide range from 6-V to 60-V. The device uses a bootstrap gate driver architecture with trickle charge circuitry to support 100% duty cycle. The DRV8301 uses automatic handshaking when the high-side or low-side MOSFET is switching to prevent flow of current. Integrated VDS sensing of the high-side and low-side MOSFETs is used to protect the external power stage against overcurrent conditions.
The DRV8301 includes two current shunt amplifiers for accurate current measurement. The amplifiers support bidirectional current sensing and provide an adjustable output offset up to 3 V.
The DRV8301 also includes an integrated switching mode buck converter with adjustable output and switching frequency. The buck converter can provide up to 1.5 A to support MCU or additional system power needs.
The SPI provides detailed fault reporting and flexible parameter settings such as gain options for the current shunt amplifiers and slew rate control of the gate drivers.