- 2 x 6A Peak /2 x 3A RMS Current Output
- 1 x 12A Peak / 1 x 6A RMS Current Output
- Wide Operating Voltage: 0 to 52V (+12V Gate Drive)
- PWM Control Interface
- 2-stage Thermal and Short Circuit Protection
- On-board Header / Test Points for External Control of the DRV8412
Texas Instruments DRV8412DDWEVM
The DRV8412 is a dual full bridge PWM motor driver. It has a maximum recommended supply voltage of 52V and is capable of delivering 2x3A RMS output current and 2x6A peak current per device. The DRV8412 has an advanced protection system consisting of short-circuit protection, overcurrent protection, undervoltage protection, and two-stage thermal protection.
The DRV8412EVM can be operated with either two full bridge outputs or 4 half bridge outputs. It can also be used in parallel mode to double the current capability. The unit can be operated with external PWM inputs using a MCU controller module or signal generator, etc. The outputs and power supplies can be connected using stripped wires by connecting them to the on-board terminal blocks. The EVM module also has hardware switches to control the modes and to allow a manual reset.