|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (DCP) | 38|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Microstepping Motor Driver
- Built-In 1/256-Step Microstepping Indexer
- Drives External N-Channel MOSFETs
- Optional STEP/DIR Pins
- Optional PWM Control Interface for DC Motors
- Flexible Decay Modes, Including Automatic Mixed Decay Mode
- Stall Detection With Optional BEMF Output
- Highly Configurable SPI Serial Interface
- Internal Reference and Torque DAC
- 8-V to 52-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Scalable Output Current
- Thermally Enhanced Surface-Mount Package
- 5-V Regulator Capable of 10-mA Load
- Protection and Diagnostic Features
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- OvertemperatureShutdown (OTS)
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- IndividualFault Condition Indication Bits
- Fault Condition IndicationPin
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8711DCPR
The DRV8711 device is a stepper motor controller that uses external N-channel MOSFETs todrive a bipolar stepper motor or two brushed DC motors. A microstepping indexer is integrated,which is capable of step modes from full step to 1/256-step.
An ultra-smooth motion profile can be achieved using adaptive blanking time and variouscurrent decay modes, including an auto-mixed decay mode. Motor stall is reported with an optionalback-EMF output.
A simple step/direction or PWM interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits.A SPI serial interface is used to program the device operation. Output current (torque), step mode,decay mode, and stall detection functions are all programmable through a SPI serialinterface.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuitprotection, undervoltage lockout, and overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicated through aFAULTn pin, and each fault condition is reported through a dedicated bit through SPI.
The DRV8711 is packaged in a PowerPAD™38-pin HTSSOP package with thermal pad (Eco-friendly: RoHS and no Sb/Br).