- 1.8A peak/1.8A continuous output
- Wide operating voltage: 0 to 11V
- Split Vm/Vcc supply isolates motor voltage from logic supply
- Evaluate driver performance with on-board MSP430 MCU or external MCU
- On-board speed and direction controls; Micro-USB connection for easy evaluation/power up
- 5V brushed DC motor included
Texas Instruments DRV8838EVM
The DRV8838 is an integrated motor driver with an H-bridge built in consisting of N-channel MOSFETs. The device operates on a motor power supply voltage from 0 to 11V, and a device power supply voltage of 1.8 to 7V. The DRV8838 is able to support up to 1.8A output motor current, and controls the motor with a PH/EN interface.
The DRV8838EVM (evaluation module) serves as a user-friendly evaluation kit to demonstrate TI's brushed motor driver DRV8838. Users can control the DRV8838 with the onboard MSP430 microcontroller. The EVM is a high-performance, power-efficient, cost-effective platform that speeds development for quicker time to market.