- 5A Peak / 3.5A RMS Current Output
- Wide Operating Voltage: 8.2 to 45V
- PWM Control Interface
- Low RDSON (200mR LS+HS
- 32 Levels of On-Chip Current Regulation / Cycle-by-Cycle Inrush Protection
- Supports 256 and Greater Microsteps with External Voltage Reference
- Brake and Coast Modes Supported
- Thermal and Short Circuit Protection
- All Critical Control and Status Signals Brought Out to Test Headers
- Includes a MSP430F1612 MCU for Signaling and Control
Texas Instruments DRV8842EVM
The DRV8842 evaluation module consists of a 5.0A, single H-bridge motor driver and a small number of external components that can drive a single brushed DC motor or two solenoids. The on-board MSP430 MCU plus software & GUI provide the necessary signaling and control. With the DRV8842EVM, designers can quickly and easily evaluate the performance of DRV8842 motor driver in their specific application.
Please note that the DRV8842 can support both stepper and brushed motors, but this EVM only supports Brushed DC motors.