|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver
- Single or Dual Brushed DC Motors
- One Bipolar Stepper Motor
- Solenoid Loads
- 2.7-V to 18-V Operating Voltage Range
- High Output Current per H-bridge
- 1-A RMS Driver Current at TA = 25°C
- 2-A RMS Driver Current in Parallel Mode at TA =25°C
- Low On-State Resistance
- 1000 mΩ RDS(ON) (HS + LS) at TA= 25°C
- Multiple Control Interface Options
- 4-Pin Interface
- Parallel Bridge Interface
- Independent BridgeInterface
- Current Regulation With 20-µs Fixed Off Time
- Torque Scalar for Scaling Output Current to 50%
- Supports 1.8-V, 3.3-V, 5-V Logic Inputs
- Low-Power Sleep Mode
- 1.7-µA Sleep Mode Supply Current at VVM = 12-V,TA = 25°C
- I2C Device Variant Available (DRV8847S)
- Detailed Diagnostics on I2CRegisters
- Multi-Slave Operation Support
- Supports Standardand Fast I2C Mode
- Small Packages and Footprints
- 16 Pin TSSOP (No Thermal Pad)
- 16 Pin HTSSOPPowerPAD™ Package
- 16 Pin WQFNThermal Package
- Built-In Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout
- Overcurrent Protection
- Open Load Detection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8847PWPR
The DRV8847 device is a dual H-bridge motor driver for industrial applications, homeappliances, ePOS printers, and other mechatronic applications. This device can be used for drivingtwo DC motors, a bipolar stepper motor, or other loads such as relays. A simple PWM interfaceallows easy interface with the controller. The DRV8847 device operates off a single power supplyand supports a wide input supply range from 2.7 to 18 V.
The output stage of the driver consists of N-channel power MOSFETs configured as twofull H-bridges to drive motor windings or four independent half bridges (in independent bridgeinterface). A fixed off time controls the peak current in the bridge which can drive a 1-A load(2-A in parallel mode with proper heat sinking, at 25°C TA).
A low-power sleep mode is provided to achieve a low quiescent current draw by shuttingdown much of the internal circuitry. Additionally, a torque scalar is provided which dynamicallyscales the output current through a digital input pin. This feature lets the controller decreasethe current required for lower power consumption.
Internal protection functions are provided for undervoltage-lockout, overcurrentprotection on each FET, short circuit protection, open-load detection, and overtemperature. Faultconditions are indicated by on the nFAULT pin. The I2C device variant(DRV8847S) has detailed diagnostics.