|Package | Pins||HTSSOP (PWP) | 16|
|Operating temperature range (℃)||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
Custom reel may be available
- N-channel H-bridge motor driver
- Drives one bidirectional brushed DCmotor
- Two unidirectional brushed DC motors
- Other resistiveand inductive loads
- 4.5-V to 37-V operating supply voltage range
- Pin to pin RDS(on) variants
- DRV8874:200-mΩ (High-Side + Low-Side)
- DRV8876: 700-mΩ (High-Side +Low-Side)
- High output current capability
- DRV8874: 6-A Peak
- DRV8876: 3.5-APeak
- Integrated current sensing and regulation
- Proportional current output (IPROPI)
- Selectable current regulation (IMODE)
- Cycle-by-cycle or fixed off time
- Selectable input control modes (PMODE)
- PH/EN and PWM H-bridge control modes
- Independenthalf-bridge control mode
- Supports 1.8-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V logic inputs
- Ultra low-power sleep mode
- <1-µA @ VVM = 24-V, TJ =25°C
- Spread spectrum clocking for low electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Integrated protection features
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Charge pumpundervoltage (CPUV)
- Overcurrent protection (OCP)
- Automatic retry or outputs latched off (IMODE)
- Thermal shutdown(TSD)
- Automatic fault recovery
- Fault indicator pin(nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The DRV8874 is an integrated motor driver with N-channel H-bridge, chargepump, current sensing and proportional output,current regulation, and protection circuitry. The charge pump improves efficiency bysupporting N-channel MOSFET half bridges and 100% duty cycle driving. The family of devices come inpin-to-pin RDS(on) variants to support different loads with minimal designchanges.
An internal current mirror architecture on theIPROPI pin implements current sensing and regulation. This eliminates the need for a large powershunt resistor, saving board area and reducing system cost. The IPROPI current-sense output allowsa microcontroller to detect motor stall or changes in load conditions. Using the external voltagereference pin, VREF, these devices can regulate the motor current during start-up and high-loadevents without interaction from a microcontroller.
A low-power sleep mode achieves ultra-low quiescent current draw by shutting down most ofthe internal circuitry. Internal protection features include supply undervoltage lockout, chargepump undervoltage, output overcurrent, and device overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicatedon nFAULT.
View our full portfolio of brushed motordrivers on ti.com.