|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- PWM Microstepping Stepper Motor Driver
- Up to 1/16 Microstepping
- Non-Circular and Standard ½ Step Modes
- Integrated Current Sense Functionality
- No Sense Resistors Required
- ±6.25% Full-Scale Current Accuracy
- AutoTune™ Adaptive Decay Technology,
Slow, and Mixed Decay Options
- 8 to 37-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Low RDS(ON): 550 mΩ HS + LS at 24 V, 25°C
- High Current Capacity
- 3-A Peak Per Bridge
- 2-A Full-Scale PerBridge
- 1.4-A rms Per Bridge
- Dynamic and Fixed Off-Time PWM Current Regulation
- Simple STEP/DIR Interface
- Low-Current Sleep Mode (20 µA)
- Small Package and Footprint
- 24 HTSSOP PowerPAD™Package
- 28 WQFN Package
- Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Charge Pump Undervoltage (CPUV)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8886ATPWP
The DRV8886AT is a stepper motor driver for industrial and consumer end equipmentapplications. The device is fully integrated with two N-channel power MOSFET H-bridge drivers, amicrostepping indexer, and integrated current sensing. The DRV8886AT is capable of driving up to2-A full scale or 1.4-A rms output current (24-V and TA = 25°C, dependent onPCB design).
The DRV8886AT uses an internal current sense architecture to eliminate the need for twoexternal power sense resistors saving PCB area and system cost. The DRV8886AT uses an internal PWMcurrent regulation scheme adjustable between AutoTune adaptive decay technology, slow, and mixeddecay options. AutoTune adaptive decay technology automatically adjusts for optimal currentregulation performance and compensates for motor variation and aging effects.
A simple STEP/DIR interface allows an external controller to manage the direction andstep rate of the stepper motor. The device can be configured in different step modes ranging fromfull-step to 1/16 microstepping. A low-power sleep mode is provided for very low standby quiescentstandby current using a dedicated nSLEEP pin.
Device protection features are provided for supply undervoltage, charge pump faults,overcurrent, short circuits, and overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicated by the nFAULTpin.