|Package | PIN:||FCBGA (ABM) | 101|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Dual-channel multi-rate retimer with integrated signal conditioning
- All channels lock independently from 20.6 to 25.8 Gbps (including sub-rates such as 10.3125 Gbps, 12.5 Gbps, and more)
- Ultra-low latency: <500 ps Typical for 25.78125-Gbps data rate
- Single power supply, no low-jitter reference clock required, and minimal supply decoupling to reduce board routing complexity and BOM cost
- Adaptive Continuous Time Linear Equalizer (CTLE)
- Adaptive Decision Feedback Equalizer (DFE)
- Integrated 2 x 2 cross point
- Low-jitter transmitter with 3-Tap FIR filter
- Combined equalization supporting 35+ dB channel loss at 12.9 GHz
- Adjustable transmit amplitude: 205 mVppd to 1225 mVppd (typical)
- On-Chip Eye Opening Monitor (EOM), PRBS pattern checker and generator
- Small 6-mm × 6-mm BGA package with easy flow-through routing
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DS250DF210ABMT
The DS250DF210 device is a two-channel, multi-rate retimer with integrated signalconditioning. It is used to extend the reach and robustness of long, lossy, crosstalk-impaired,high-speed serial links while achieving a bit error rate (BER) of 10-15or less.
Each channel of the DS250DF210 independently locks to serial data rates in a continuousrange from 20.6 Gbps to 25.8 Gbps or to any supported sub-rate (÷2 and ÷4), including key datarates such as 10.3125 Gbps and 12.5 Gbps, which allows the DS250DF210 to support individual laneForward Error Correction (FEC) pass-through.
The DS250DF210 has a single power supply and minimal need for external components. Thesefeatures reduce PCB-routing complexity and BOM cost.
The advanced equalization features of the DS250DF210 include a low-jitter 3-tap transmitfinite impulse response (FIR) filter, an adaptive continuous-time linear equalizer (CTLE), and anadaptive decision feedback equalizer (DFE). This enables reach extension for lossy interconnect andbackplanes with multiple connectors and crosstalk. The integrated CDR function is ideal forfront-port optical module applications to reset the jitter budget and retime the high-speed serialdata. The DS250DF210 implements a 2x2 cross-point, providing the host with lane crossing, fanout,and multiplexing options
The DS250DF210 can be configured either through the SMBus or through an external EEPROM.Up to 16 devices can share a single EEPROM using Common Channel format. A non-disruptive, on-chipeye monitor and a PRBS generator or checker allow for in-system diagnostics.