|Package | PIN:||NFBGA (ZLS) | 36|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Dual-Channel Multi-Rate Retimer With Integrated Signal Conditioning
- All Channels Lock Independently From 19.6 to 25.8 Gbps (Including Sub-Rates, Such as 12.16512 Gbps, 9.8304 Gbps, 6.144 Gbps, and More)
- Ultra-Low Latency: <500 ps Typical for 25.78125-Gbps Data Rate
- Adaptive Continuous Time Linear Equalizer (CTLE)
- Continuous Adaptive Decision Feedback Equalizer (DFE), Capable of Compensating Large Channel Loss Variation Over Temperature
- Combined Equalization Supporting 35-dB Channel Loss at 12.9 GHz
- On-Chip Eye-Opening Monitor (EOM), PRBS Pattern Checker and Generator
- Low-Jitter Transmitter With 3-Tap FIR Filter
- Integrated 2×2 Cross-Point
- Recovered Clock Available for System Clock Synchronization Applications on Channel 0
- Single Power Supply, No Low-Jitter Reference Clock Required
- Wide Stay-In-Lock Temperature Range
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DS250DF230ZLST
The DS250DF230 is a dual-channel multi-rate retimer with integrated signal conditioning.The device is used to extend the reach and robustness of long, lossy,crosstalk-impaired high-speed seriallinks and while achieving a bit error rate (BER) of 10–15 orless.
Each channel of the DS250DF230 independently locks to serial data rates in a continuousrange from 19.6 Gbps to 25.8 Gbps or to any supported sub-rate (÷2 and ÷4), including key datarates such as 12.16512 Gbps, 9.8304 Gbps, 6.144 Gbps.
The DS250DF230 has a single power supply and minimal need for external components. Thesefeatures reduce PCB routing complexity and BOM cost.
The advanced equalization features of the DS250DF230 include a low-jitter 3-tap transmitfinite impulse response (FIR) filter, an adaptive continuous-time linear equalizer (CTLE), and anadaptive decision feedback equalizer (DFE). This enables reach extension for lossy interconnect andbackplanes with multiple connectors and crosstalk. The integrated CDR function is available forfront-port optical module applications to reset the jitter budget and retime the high-speed serialdata. The DS250DF230 supplies 2x2 cross-point that gives the host lane crossing, fanout, andmultiplexing options.
The DS250DF230 can be configured either through the SMBus or through an external EEPROM.Up to 16 devices can share an EEPROM using common-channel configuration. A non-disruptive on-chipeye monitor and a PRBS generator and checker is available for in-system diagnostics.