- Supports Pixel Clock Frequency up to 170 MHz for WUXGA (1920x1200) and 1080p60 resolutions with 24-bit Color Depth
- 2-lane FPD-Link III interface with De-skew capability
- Support MIPI DPHY up to 4 data lanes per CSI-2 port, each lane up to 1.3 Gbps.
- Capable to recover data up to 15 meters with 50Ω Coaxial or 10 meters with Differential Shielded Twisted-Pair (STP) Cable
- Backwards Compatible to DS90UB925Q/925AQ-Q1 and DS90UB927Q-Q1 FPD-Link III Serializers
Texas Instruments DS90UB940-Q1EVM
The Texas Instruments DS90UB940-Q1EVM evaluation module (EVM) converts FPD-Link III to MIPI CSI-2.
This kit will demonstrate the functionality and operation of the DS90UB940-Q1. The DS90UB940-Q1 is a FPD-Link III Deserializer which, in conjunction with the DS90UB949/929/947-Q1 Serializers, it recovers the data from one or two FPD-Link III serial streams and translates it into Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2) format compatible with Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) specifications. It supports video resolutions up to WUXGA and 1080p60 with 24-bit color depth.
The recovered data is packetized and serialized over four CSI-2 data lanes strobed by a half-rate serial clock compliant with the MIPI DPHY / CSI-2 specifications, each lane running up to 1.3 Gbps. The CSI-2 output serial bus greatly reduces the interconnect and signal count to a graphic processing unit (GPU) and eases system designs for video streams from multiple automotive driver assist cameras.
The FPD-Link III interface supports video and audio data transmission and full duplex control, including GPIOs, I2C, and SPI communication, over the same differential link. In backward compatible mode, the device supports up to WXGA and 720p resolutions with 24-bit color depth over a single differential link.
The device supports up to 7.1 audio channels. Audio data received from the FPD-Link III stream is decrypted and regenerated up to 8-channel I2S interface with maximum bit rate of 192 kHz.