- Supports Pixel Clock Frequency up to 170 MHz for WUXGA (1920x1200) and 1080p60 resolutions with 24-bit Color Depth
- HDMI Receiver to accept HDMI as input
- Dual FPD-Link III output interface
- Up to 15 meters over Single-Ended Coaxial or Differential Shielded Twisted-Pair (STP) cable
- Backwards Compatible to DS90Ux926Q-Q1 and DS90Ux928-Q1 FPD-Link III Deserializers
Texas Instruments DS90UB949-Q1EVM
The DS90UB949-Q1 Evaluation Module converts HDMI to FPD-Link III. This kit will demonstrate the functionality and operation of the DS90UB949-Q1. The DS90UB949-Q1 is an HDMI to FPD-Link III Serializer which, in conjunction with the DS90Ux948/DS90Ux940 Deserializers, takes the data from HDMI serial stream and translates it into either single- or dual-lane FPD-Link III interface. The DS90UB949-Q1 supports video resolutions up to WUXGA and 1080p60 with 24-bit color depth.
The FPD-Link III interface supports video and audio data transmission and full duplex control, including I2C and SPI communication, over the same differential link. In backward compatible mode, the device supports up to WXGA and 720p resolutions with 24-bit color depth over a single differential link.
The device supports up to 7.1 audio channels. Audio data received from the HDMI stream is encrypted, serialized, and sent out on the FPD-Link III stream to a compatible deserializer. Up to 8-channel I2S interface with maximum bit rate of 192 kHz.