- bq2002 fast-charge control evaluation and development
- Charge current sourced from an on-board linear regulator (up to 1.5A)
- Fast charge of 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 NiCd or NiMH cells (contact Benchmarq for other cell counts)
- Fast-charge termination by negative delta voltage or peak voltage detect
- Maximum temperature and maximum time safety terminations
- -Delta V/peak voltage detect, hold-off, top-off, maximum time, and number of cells are jumper-configurable
- Inhibit fast charge by a logic-level input
Texas Instruments DV2002L2
The DV2002L2 Development System provides a development environment for the bq2002 Fast-Charge ICs. The DV2002L2 incorporates a bq2002 and a linear regulator to provide fast charge control for 4 to 10 NiMH cells.
The fast charge is terminated by any of the following: -delta V/peak voltage, maximum temperature, maximum time, and inhibit command for the bq2002. Jumper settings select the top-off and maximum time limits.
The user provides a power supply and batteries. The user configures the DV2002L2 for the number of cells and maximum charge time (with or without topoff).
Please review the bq2002 data sheet before using the DV2002L2 board.