|Package | PIN:||SOP (DUB) | 8|
|Temp:||S (-55 to 105)|
- Meets the Requirements of ISO11898-2
- 5000-VRMS Isolation (ISO1050DW)
- 2500-VRMS Isolation (ISO1050DUB)
- Fail-Safe Outputs
- Low Loop Delay: 150 ns (Typical), 210 ns (Maximum)
- 50-kV/µs Typical Transient Immunity
- Bus-Fault Protection of –27 V to 40 V
- Driver (TXD) Dominant Time-out Function
- I/O Voltage Range Supports 3.3-V and 5-V Microprocessors
- VDE Approval per DIN VDE V 0884-11:2017-01 and DIN EN 61010-1
- UL 1577 Approved
- CSA Approved for IEC 60950-1, IEC 61010-1,
IEC 60601-1 3rd Ed (Medical)
- TUV 5-KVRMS Reinforced Insulation Approval for EN/UL/CSA 60950-1 (ISO1050DW-Only)
- CQC Reinforced Insulation per GB4843.1-2011 (ISO1050DW-Only)
- Typical 25-Year Life at Rated Working Voltage (see Application Report SLLA197 and Life Expectancy vs Working Voltage)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO1050DUBR
The ISO1050 is a galvanically isolated CAN transceiver that meets the specifications ofthe ISO11898-2 standard. The device has the logic input and output buffers separated by a siliconoxide (SiO2) insulation barrier that provides galvanic isolation of up to5000 VRMS forISO1050DW and 2500 VRMS for ISO1050DUB. Used inconjunction with isolated power supplies, the device prevents noise currents on a data bus or othercircuits from entering the local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry.
As a CAN transceiver, the device provides differential transmit capability to the bus anddifferential receive capability to a CAN controller at signaling rates up to 1 megabit per second(Mbps). The device is designed for operation in especially harsh environments, and it featurescross-wire, overvoltage and loss of ground protection from –27 V to 40 V and overtemperatureshutdown, as well as –12-V to 12-V common-mode range.
The ISO1050 is characterized for operation over the ambient temperature range of –55°C to105°C.