|Package | PIN:||SSOP (DBQ) | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Compliant to IEC 61131-2; Type 1, 2, 3 Characteristics for 24-V Isolated Digital Inputs
- Supports 9-V to 300-V DC and AC Digital Input Designs Using External Resistors
- Accurate Current Limit for Low-Power Dissipation:
- 2.2 mA to 2.47 mA for Type 3
- Adjustable up to 6.5 mA
- Eliminates the Need for Field-Side Power Supply
- High Input-Voltage Range With Reverse Polarity Protection: ±60 V
- Wire-Break Detection (Refer to TIDA-01509)
- Configurable as Sourcing or Sinking Input
- High Data Rates: Up to 4 Mbps
- Enable Pin to Multiplex Output Signals
- High Transient Immunity: ±70-kV/µs CMTI
- Wide Supply Range (VCC1): 2.25 V to 5.5 V
- Ambient Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Compact Package Options:
- Single-Channel ISO1211, SOIC-8
- Dual-ChannelISO1212, SSOP-16
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- Basic Insulation per DIN V VDE V0884-10
- UL 1577 Recognition, 2500-VRMS Insulation
- CSA, CQC, TUV CertificatesAvailable
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO1212DBQR
The ISO1211 and ISO1212 devices are isolated 24-V to 60-Vdigital input receivers, compliant to IEC 61131-2 Type 1, 2, and 3 characteristics. These devicesenable 9-V to 300-V DC and AC digital input modules in programmable logic controllers (PLCs),motor-control, grid infrastructure, and other industrial applications. Unlike traditionaloptocoupler solutions with discrete, imprecise current limiting circuitry, theISO121x devices provide asimple, low-power solution with an accurate current limit to enable the design of compact andhigh-density I/O modules. These devices do not require field-side power supply and are configurableas sourcing or sinking inputs.
The ISO121x devicesoperate over the supply range of 2.25 V to 5.5 V, supporting 2.5-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V controllers. A±60-V input tolerance with reverse polarity protection helps ensure the input pins are protected incase of faults with negligible reverse current. These devices support up to 4-Mbps data ratespassing a minimum pulse width of 150 ns for high-speed operation. The ISO1211 device is ideal for designsthat require channel-to-channel isolation and the ISO1212 device is ideal formultichannel space-constrained designs.
The ISO121x devicesreduce component count, simplify system design, improve performance, and reduce board temperaturescompared to traditional solutions. For details, refer to the How To Simplify Isolated 24-V PLC Digital Input ModuleDesigns TI TechNote, How To Improve Speed and Reliability of Isolated Digital Inputs in MotorDrives TI TechNote, and How to Design Isolated Comparators for ±48V, 110V and 240V DC and ACDetection TI TechNote.