|Package | PIN:||SSOP (DBQ) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Meets or exceeds requirements of TIA/EIA-485-A
- Half-duplex transceiver
- Low-EMI 1-Mbps data rate
- Bus I/O protection
- ± 16 kV HBM ESD
- 1.71-V to 5.5-V Logic-side supply (VCC1), 4.5-V to 5.5-V Bus-side supply (VCC2)
- 1/8 Unit load: up to 256 nodes on bus
- Failsafe receiver for bus open, short, and idle
- 100-kV/µs (typical) High common-mode transient immunity
- Extended temperature range from –40°C to +125°C
- Glitch-free power-up and power-down for hot plug-in
- Ultra-small SSOP (DBQ-16) package
- Safety-related certifications:
- 4242-VPKVIOTM and 566-VPK VIORM perDIN VDE V 0884-11:2017-01
- 3000-VRMS Isolation for 1minute per UL 1577
- IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1 and IEC 61010-1certifications
- CQC, TUV, and CSA certifications
- VDE, UL, CQC and TUV certifications complete; CSA approvalpending
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO1500DBQR
The ISO1500 device is a galvanically-isolated differential line transceiver for TIA/EIARS-485 and RS-422 applications. This device has a 3-channel digital isolator and an RS-485transceiver in an ultra-small 16-pin SSOP package. The bus pins of this transceiver are protectedagainst IEC ESD contact discharge and IEC EFT events. The receiver output has a failsafe for busopen, short, and idle conditions. The small solution size of ISO1500 greatly reduces the boardspace required compared to other integrated isolated RS-485 solutions or discrete implementationwith optocouplers and non-isolated RS-485 transceiver.
The device is used for long distance communications. Isolation breaks the ground loopbetween the communicating nodes, allowing for a much larger common mode voltage range. Thesymmetrical isolation barrier of each device is tested to provide 3000 VRMSof isolation for 1 minute per UL 1577 between the bus-line transceiver and the logic-levelinterface.
The ISO1500 device can operate from 1.71 V to 5.5 V on side 1 which lets the devicesinterface with low-voltage FPGAs and ASICs. The supply voltage on side 2 is from 4.5 V to 5.5 V.This device supports a wide operating ambient temperature range from –40°C to +125°C.