|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DWV) | 8|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Offered in High-Grade (ISO224B) and Low-Grade (ISO224A) Versions
- ±12-V Input Voltage Range Optimized for Isolated Voltage Measurement in Industrial Applications
- Overvoltage Input Clamp With 9-kV ESD
- ±4-V Differential Output Voltage Range With Common-Mode at VDD2 / 2
- Low DC-Error Operation (ISO224B):
- Input Offset: ±5 mVat 25°C, ±15 µV/°C max
- Gain Error: ±0.3% at 25°C, ±35 ppm/°Cmax
- Nonlinearity: ±0.01% max, ±0.1 ppm/°Ctyp
- 4.5-V to 18-V Single-Supply on High-Side
- 4.5-V to 5.5-V Operation on Low-Side
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7071-VPEAK Reinforced Isolation perDIN VDE V 0884-11: 2017-01
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1Minute per UL1577
- High CMTI (ISO224B): 80 kV/µs (typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO224BDWVR
The ISO224 is a precision isolated amplifier with an output separated from the inputcircuitry by an isolation barrier with high immunity to magnetic interference. This barrier iscertified to provide reinforced galvanic isolation of up to 5 kVRMS with anexceptionally long lifetime and low power dissipation. When used with isolated power supplies, thisdevice separates parts of the system that operate on different common-mode voltage levels andprotects lower-voltage devices from damage.
The input of the ISO224 is optimized for accurate sensing of ±10-V signals that arewidely used in industrial applications. The device operates of a single supply on the high-side.This unique feature simplifies the design of the isolated power supply and reduces the system cost.The integrated high-side supply voltage detection feature simplifies system level diagnostics. The±4-V output of the ISO224 allows lower-cost analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) to be used. Thedifferential structure of the output supports high immunity to noise.
The ISO224 is fully specified over the extended industrial temperature range of –55°C to+125°C and is available in a wide-body 8-pin SOIC (DWV) package.