|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Meets or Exceeds TIA/EIA RS-485 Requirements
- Signaling Rates up to 20 Mbps
- 1/8 Unit Load – Up to 256 Nodes on a Bus
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Low Bus Capacitance – 16 pF (Typical)
- 50 kV/µs Typical Transient Immunity
- Fail-safe Receiver for Bus Open, Short, Idle
- 3.3-V Inputs are 5-V Tolerant
- Bus-Pin ESD Protection
- 12-kV HBM Between Bus Pins and GND2
- 6-kV HBM Between Bus Pins and GND1
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 4000-VPK Basic Insulation, 560VPK VIORM per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12 and DIN EN 61010-1
- 2500VRMS Isolation per UL 1577
- 4000 VPKIsolation per CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A and IEC 60950-1
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO3080DW
The ISO3080 and ISO3086 devices are isolated full-duplex differential line drivers andreceivers while the ISO3082 and ISO3088 devices are isolated half-duplex differential linetransceivers for TIA/EIA 485/422 applications.
These devices are ideal for long transmission lines because the ground loop is broken toallow for a much larger common-mode voltage range. The symmetrical isolation barrier of the deviceis tested to provide 2500 VRMS of isolation for 60 s per UL 1577 between thebus-line transceiver and the logic-level interface.
Any cabled I/O can be subjected to electrical noise transients from various sources.These noise transients can cause damage to the transceiver and/or nearby sensitive circuitry ifthey are of sufficient magnitude and duration. These isolated devices can significantly increaseprotection and reduce the risk of damage to expensive control circuits.
The ISO3080, ISO3082, ISO3086, and ISO3088 device are qualified for use from –40°C to+85°C.