- 4000-Vpeak Isolation
- Bus-pin ESD Protection
- -16 kV HBM Between Bus-Pins and GND2
- -6 kV HBM Between logic-Pins and GND1
- 1/8 Unit Load-Up to 256 Nodes on a Bus
- Designed for RS-485 and RS-422 Applications
- Signaling rates up to 20 Mbps
- Thermal Shutdown protection
- Low Bus Capacitance-7 pF (Typ)
- 50 kV/us Typical Transient Immunity
- UL 1577, IEC 60747-5-2 (VDE 0884, Rev. 2)
- Fail-safe Receiver for Bus Open, Short or Idle
- Logic Inputs are 5-V Tolerant
Texas Instruments ISO3086TEVM
This document describes the ISO1176T/35T/3086T Evaluation Module (EVM). It is used to evaluate the ISO1176T PROFIBUS Transceiver, the ISO35T RS-485 Transceiver or the ISO3086T RS-485 Transceiver. Because the devices are similar the same printed-circuit board is used for all three EVMs. One manual supports all three devices.
The EVM can be used to evaluate device paramenters while acting as a guide for board layout. The board allows for the connection of 50 ohm coaxial cables via QuiteZone connectors. It also provides easy connection points for oscilloscope probes. Banana jacks are provided for connection of dc power supplies. These features provide the designer with a tool for evaluation and the successful design of an end-product.