|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- 100 Mbps data rate
- Robust isolation barrier:
- >100-year projected lifetime at 1500VRMS working voltage
- Up to 5000VRMS isolation rating
- Up to 12.8 kV surgecapability
- ±100 kV/µs typicalCMTI
- Wide supply range: 2.25 V to 5.5 V
- 2.25-V to 5.5-V level translation
- Default output high (ISO774x) and low (ISO774xF) options
- Wide temperature range: –55°C to 125°C
- Low power consumption, typical 1.5 mA per channel at 1 Mbps
- Low propagation delay: 10.7 ns typical
- Robust electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- System-level ESD, EFT, and surge immunity
- ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 contact discharge protection across isolationbarrier
- Low emissions
- Wide-SOIC (DW-16) and QSOP (DBQ-16) Package Options
- Automotive version available: ISO774x-Q1
- Safety-related certifications:
- DIN V VDE V 0884-11:2017-01
- UL 1577 component recognitionprogram
- CSA component acceptance notice 5A, IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 endequipment standards
- CQC approval per GB4943.1-2011
- TUV certification accordingto EN 60950-1 and EN 61010-1
- All certificationscomplete
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO7740DW
The ISO774x devicesare high-performance,quad-channel digital isolators with 5000VRMS (DW package) and 3000VRMS (DBQ package) isolation ratings per UL 1577. Thisfamily of devices hasreinforced insulation ratings according to VDE, CSA, TUV and CQC.
The ISO774x devices provide highelectromagnetic immunity and low emissions at low power consumption, while isolating CMOS or LVCMOSdigital I/Os. Each isolation channel has a logic input and output buffer separated by a doublecapacitive silicon dioxide (SiO2) insulation barrier. This device comes withenable pins which can be used to put the respective outputs in high impedance for multi-masterdriving applications and to reduce power consumption. The ISO7740 device has all four channels in the same direction, the ISO7741 device has three forward and one reverse-directionchannels, and the ISO7742 devicehas two forward and two reverse-direction channels. If the input power or signal is lost,default output is high for devices without suffix F andlow for devices with suffix F. See the Device Functional Modes section for furtherdetails.
Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, these devices help prevent noisecurrents on data buses, such as RS-485, RS-232, and CAN, or other circuits from entering the local ground and interferingwith or damaging sensitive circuitry. Through innovative chip design and layout techniques,electromagnetic compatibility of the ISO774x devices have beensignificantly enhanced to ease system-level ESD, EFT, surge, and emissions compliance. TheISO774x devicesare available in 16-pinSOIC and QSOP packages.