|Package | PIN:||VSON (DRC) | 10|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- Sensor Frequency Range: 500 kHz to 10 MHz
- RP Resolution: 16-Bit
- L Resolution: 16- or 24-Bit
- 180-kSPS Conversion Rate
- Threshold Detection Functionality
- 1% Part-to-Part Variation in RP Measurement
- Supply Current:
- 1.4-µA Shutdown mode
- 135-µA Sleep mode
- 1.9-mA Active Mode (no sensor connected)
- Sub-Micron Distance Resolution Achievable
- Remote Sensor Placement Isolating the LDC from Harsh Environments
- Robust Against Environmental Interferences such as Oil, Water, Dirt, or Dust
- Minimal External Components
- Magnet-Free Operation
- Operating Temperature: –40°C to +125°C
Texas Instruments LDC1101DRCT
The LDC1101 is a 1.8-V to 3.3-V, high-resolution inductance-to-digital converter for short-range, high-speed, contactless sensing of position, rotation, or motion, enabling reliable, accurate measurements even in the presence of dust or dirt, making it ideal for open or harsh environments.
The LDC1101 features dual inductive measurement cores, allowing for > 150 ksps 16-bit RP and L measurements simultaneous with a high-resolution L measurement which can sample at > 180 ksps with a resolution of up to 24 bits. The LDC1101 includes a threshold-compare function which can be dynamically updated while the device is running.
Inductive sensing technology enables precise measurement of linear/angular position, displacement, motion, compression, vibration, metal composition, and many other applications in markets including automotive, consumer, computer, industrial, medical, and communications. Inductive sensing offers better performance and reliability at lower cost than other, competing solutions.
The LDC1101 offers these benefits of inductive sensing in a small 3-mm × 3-mm 10-pin VSON package. The LDC1101 can be easily configured by a microcontroller using the 4-pin SPI™.