|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Integrated 7.0 mΩ High Side and 4.3 mΩ Low Side FET Switches
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Adjustable Output Voltage From 0.6V to VIN (100% Duty Cycle Capable), ±1% Reference
- Input Voltage Range 2.95V to 5.5V
- 500 kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Startup Into Pre-Biased Loads
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability
- Wide Bandwidth Voltage Loop Error Amplifier
- Adjustable Soft-Start With External Capacitor
- Precision Enable Pin With Hysteresis
- Integrated OVP, OTP, UVLO and Power-Good
- Thermally Enhanced HTSSOP-20 Exposed Pad Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM21215MHE/NOPB
The LM21215 is a monolithic synchronous point of load buck regulator that is capable of delivering up to 15A of continuous output current while producing an output voltage down to 0.6V with outstanding efficiency. The device is optimized to work over an input voltage range of 2.95V to 5.5V, making it suited for a wide variety of low voltage systems. The voltage mode control loop provides high noise immunity, narrow duty cycle capability and can be compensated to be stable with any type of output capacitance, providing maximum flexibility and ease of use.
The LM21215 features internal over voltage protection (OVP) and resistor-programmable over-current protection (OCP) for increased system reliability. A precision enable pin and integrated UVLO allow turn-on of the device to be tightly controlled and sequenced. Startup inrush currents are limited by both an internally fixed and externally adjustable soft-start circuit. Fault detection and supply sequencing are possible with the integrated power good circuit.
The LM21215 is designed to work well in multi-rail power supply architectures. The output voltage of the device can be configured to track an external voltage rail using the SS/TRK pin. If the output is pre-biased at startup, it will not sink current, allowing the output to smoothly rise past the pre-biased voltage. The regulator is offered in a 20-pin HTSSOP package with an exposed pad that can be soldered to the PCB, eliminating the need for bulky heatsinks.