|Package | PIN:||TO-263 (KTT) | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Requires Few External Components
- Family of Standard Inductors and Transformers
- NPN Output Switches 3 A, Can Stand Off 65 V
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4 V to 40 V
- Current-mode Operation for Improved Transient Response, Line Regulation, and Current Limit
- 100-kHz Switching Frequency
- Internal Soft-Start Function Reduces In-rush Current During Start-up
- Output Transistor Protected by Current Limit, Undervoltage Lockout, and Thermal Shutdown
- System Output Voltage Tolerance of ±4% Maximum Over Line and Load Conditions
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM2585 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM2585S-12/NOPB
The LM2585 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits specifically designedfor flyback, step-up (boost), and forward converter applications. The device is available in 4different output voltage versions: 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and adjustable.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are cost effectiveand simple to use. Included in the datasheet are typical circuits of boost and flyback regulators.Also listed are selector guides for diodes and capacitors and a family of standard inductors andflyback transformers designed to work with these switching regulators.
The power switch is a 3-A NPN device that can stand off 65 V. Protecting the power switchare current and thermal limiting circuits, and an undervoltage lockout circuit. This IC contains a100-kHz fixed-frequency internal oscillator that permits the use of small magnetics. Other featuresinclude soft start mode to reduce in-rush current during start-up, current mode control forimproved rejection of input voltage and output load transients and cycle-by-cycle current limiting.An output voltage tolerance of ±4%, within specified input voltages and output load conditions, isspecified for the power supply system.