|Package | PIN:||TO-220 (NEB) | 5|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
45 | TUBE
- 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and Adjustable Output Versions
- Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range: 1.2-V
to 37-V ± 4% Maximum Over Line and Load
- Available in TO-220 and TO-263 Packages
- 3-A Output Load Current
- Input Voltage Range Up to 40 V
- Requires Only 4 External Components
- Excellent Line and Load Regulation Specifications
- 150-kHz Fixed-Frequency Internal Oscillator
- TTL Shutdown Capability
- Low Power Standby Mode, IQ, Typically 80 µA
- High Efficiency
- Uses Readily Available Standard Inductors
- Thermal Shutdown and Current-Limit Protection
Texas Instruments LM2596T-ADJ/LF02
The LM2596 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3-A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation, and a fixed-frequency oscillator.
The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be required with lower frequency switching regulators. Available in a standard 7-pin TO-220 package with several different lead bend options, and a 7-pin TO-263 surface mount package.
A standard series of inductors are available from several different manufacturers optimized for use with the LM2596 series. This feature greatly simplifies the design of switch-mode power supplies.
Other features include a ±4% tolerance on output voltage under specified input voltage and output load conditions, and ±15% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included, featuring typically 80 µA standby current. Self-protection features include a two stage frequency reducing current limit for the output switch and an overtemperature shutdown for complete protection under fault conditions.