Evaluation Board for the LM3243
Features for the LM3243EVM
- High-Efficiency PFM and PWM modes with Internal Synchronous Rectification
- Analog Bypass Function with Low Dropout Resistance (45 mΩ typ.)
- Dynamically Adjustable Output Voltage, 0.4V to 3.6V (typ.), in PFM and PWM modes
- 2.5A Maximum Load Current in PWM Mode
- 2.7 MHz (average) PWM Switching Frequency
- Modulated switching frequency to aid Rx Band Compliance
- Operates from a Single Li-ion Cell (2.7V to 5.5V)
- ACB reduces inductor requirements and size
- Minimum total solution size by using small footprint and case size inductor and capacitors
- 16-bump thin micro SMD Package
- Current and Thermal Overload Protection
Description for the LM3243EVM
The LM3243 is a DC-DC converter optimized for powering multi-mode 2G/3G/4G RF power amplifiers (PAs) from a single Lithium-Ion cell. The LM3243 steps down an input voltage from 2.7V to 5.5V to a dynamically adjustable output voltage of 0.4V to 3.6V. The output voltage is set through a VCON analog input that adjusts the output voltage to ensure efficient operation at all power levels of the RF PA.
The LM3243 operates in constant frequency PWM mode producing a small and predictable amount of output voltage ripple. This enables best ECTEL power requirements in GMSK and EDGE spectral compliance, with the minimal amount of filtering and excess headroom. When operating in PFM mode, the LM3243 enables the lowest DG09 current consumption and therefore maximizes system efficiency.